Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day...



My Mom in her college days...
My mom as a young mother...
My mom's children...yes there are 14!

My mom in her later years...
And even later years... she is still going strong.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

My niece sent me this quote & I love it...


"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us. As daughters of our Heavenly Father, and as daughters of Eve, we are all mothers and we have always been mothers. And we each have the responsibility to love and help lead. As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord's secret weapon.

We just can't let the Lord down."
(Sheri L. Dew)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Those are beautiful pictures for a remarkable woman!

I love that quote - it really says it all.

Happy Mother's day Barb to a WONDERFUL mother!

Nikki said...

Happy Mother's Day!