Sunday, November 9, 2008

Family...Life..etc.

It is a great weekend when all my family is home together.

We have Stake Conference this Weekend.
The visiting Authority is Elder Kikuchi.
We went to the Saturday night meeting.
You know you are in a different stage of life when 2 of your 3 children are adults.
Well all 3 kids ended up going to the meeting with us and it was wonderful.


Mike reported that in the afternoon Leadership Meeting. Elder Kikuchi said we all need "our own Sacred Grove". That 6 days a week (sleep in Saturday) we should get up 15 minutes earlier, get ready for the day (shower etc). Find a secluded place, have a prayer, and read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.

It made me think about what I do when I first get up...
How much time do I spend reading blogs as to
how much time reading the Scriptures?
Just something to ponder on this Sunday morning.



2 comments:

Tara said...

Those are gorgeous pictures.

That is really good advice and have to admit that I am definitely guilty of the blog thing as opposed to reading my scriptures more, something to work on.

Thanks for sharing aunt Barb!

Leslie said...

Good idea- thanks for the motivational message Barb!