Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Thoughts....

John A. Widstoe quoted by Elder David B. Haight in November 1990 Ensign:

“I believe that the busy person on the farm, in the shop, in the office, or in the household, who has his worries and troubles, can solve his problems better and more quickly in the house of the Lord than anywhere else. If he will do the temple work for himself and for his dead… a blessing will come to him, for at the most unexpected moments, in or out of the temple will come to him, as a revelation, the solution of the problems that vex his life. That is the gift that comes to those who enter the temple properly.”



Experience of Michael Wilcox:

He and his family had just moved to a new city.

His children were young teenagers and he knew that critical years were ahead of them.
“I went to the temple to ponder and seek guidance regarding my children. I told the Lord I was willing to offer Him any sacrifice if He would protect my children from Satan’s power and bless them with His spirit. An answer was given with the required sacrifice. I thought the Lord would demand some great thing for the blessing I was asking, but the spirit simply whispered: “Be in this House FREQUENTLY, CONSTANTLY, CONSISTENTLY, and the promised protection you seek, that this House has the power to bestow, will be extended to those you love.”

For that blessing alone I will be in the temple as often as I can.”



“…we will be a better people, we will be better fathers and husbands, we will be better wives and mothers. I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed, life will be better for you.”

-President Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign July 1997

No comments: