Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pain and swelling...

Pain and swelling have been a part of my life for the past few months.
One of the benefits of having Rheumatoid Arthritis.
I have tried a few techniques for relief.
I have a daily nap.
As Katie says I am "living the dream"
being able to nap every day.
My favorite is a hot bubble bath,
but I can't stay in the bath forever
so I resort to other forms of heat.
I have a cute heating pad with fun cover,
my sisters made for me.




I have found the rice bags we made in our Wyoming Days,


I also resort to Drugs.
I have been taking Methotrexate and Prednisone.
the Prednisone was to be a short term help
while the Methotrexate kicked in.
They say 3-4 months to work.
I loved the full dose of Prednisone.
The swelling went down and the pain was gone.
Life was good
I went to Boston had a great time!
I started tapering off the dose and
the pain came back then then the swelling.
Suffered for a while and then finally called the doctor.
Visited the Doctor this week and now we are trying
the Methotrexate by injection.
We have increased the dose of Methotrexate
and the prednisone.
Once a week I have an injection.


I am a wimp, and can't do that myself.
So lucky the shot day is Tuesday,
when my sister Lisa comes for quilting and lunch
She is an RN, she just did that shot and thought nothing of it!
I didn't even watch.

I am optimistic that all the new meds will bring some relief.
I have been sleeping better,
which Mike is grateful for!

Life is always full of new challenges.
But Life is Still Good.


2 comments:

Cassondra said...

Oh, Barb!!! I think you should just move back here!! :) The warmth will help with your pain and your presence will add to my happiness. Win, win!
Love you and miss you guys. You're in my prayers!

Don and Kelley said...

Barb, I am so sorry you are going through that. We love and miss you guys!