Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Drug Failure #3


In my quest for the perfect Rheumatoid Arthritis drug...
(okay maybe not perfect, how about more effective and less pain)
I am now on my 3rd biologic drug.
I am hopeful this is the one...


This drug is given by infusion. 
I get to go sit at the Doctor's office and they drip it in.
The first round (two weeks ago) took 6.5 hours.
I took my ipad and a book and life was good.
It makes me sleepy so I also napped.
After I had to wait around an extra half hour cause my blood pressure was a bit low.


Second trip was yesterday.
I love how they cover where the IV actually goes in.
I can't even watch them set it up.
I read and napped.
It was a much shorter day only 4.5 hours.
My blood pressure was not quite as low so I was able to leave.

I felt better already and was all excited..
the doctor told me that was the steroid they gave me.
It should be working by 2 - 8 weeks.

The good news is the next infusion is in 5-6 months!

Life is still good!

No comments: