Monday, May 12, 2014

Small World

Many years ago, I served a mission in Hong Kong.
My first companion in the MTC was May Mong.
We used to laugh a lot about the fact that we were learning "Chinese"
We did learn enough to get by.


I have this new "Church Calling" - Family History.
It is a whole new program since I last had the calling.
They have called several of us to learn and do this.
I go to my first "training meeting"  
We were a titch late... Mike came with me.
I am sure it was his fault.
Well the guy in the hall tells us Sister Mong is here.
During the training I look over and think... Hmm she looks familiar.
I look at my phone and check the directory.
"May Mong" is in our ward!

Well it is the same May Mong.
I have not seen her since the MTC.
...a few years back.
Now we are laughing together again as we learn Family History.
If we learned Chinese together we can surely learn this new Family History.

2 comments:

Katie said...

so cool! and you are a gorgeous girl, momma!

Melissa said...

How fun!!