Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy 50th Barbie!




Barb is the littlest girl being held by her mother.


In both of these pictures, Barb is in the front row, 2nd from the right.


The day she married me!


Fifty reasons why I love my Barbie:
  1. She loves children, not just our children, but everyone’s children
  2. Her laugh is infectious
  3. She sews cool stuff
  4. She also knits cool stuff
  5. She turns the heat up when I’m cold
  6. And if I’m really cold she snuggles up to me
  7. In fact she sleeps right next to me each night
  8. We don’t fight
  9. She cooks my favorite meals
  10. She bakes scrumptious cookies nearly every Sunday
  11. I can share my deepest thoughts with her
  12. She has only told me once that one of my ideas was “stupid” (it was an idea to open a Harley-Davidson motorcycle rental business) and by the way we are not supposed to say “stupid” in our house.
  13. She is thrifty, but never cheap
  14. She loves to read
  15. She is very unselfish
  16. During our courtship, she was very patient with me when I seemed to not want to settle down
  17. She encourages me to take my vitamins
  18. She makes the absolute best butter-milk waffles
  19. She drove the “sag-wagon” for our Yellowstone bike trip
  20. She is best friends with our daughter, Katie
  21. She has dealt with hardships and continues to love Heavenly Father more and more
  22. She writes letters to Sammy weekly
  23. We have had two major moves, six major job changes and she never once questioned my abilities, motives, or sanity
  24. She loves to go camping (she never liked camping before our marriage)
  25. She is very supportive of our children’s endeavors
  26. She supports me taking the boys shooting even though she can’t stand guns
  27. She calls me at least three times each day
  28. She leaves love notes around the house for me to find when she goes on trips without me
  29. She drives faster than me (at certain times this can be a demerit)
  30. She buys Oreos and we always have milk (she doesn’t complain if I “dunk em”)
  31. She has amassed at least two years of food storage (we are working on h2o)
  32. She still irons my work shirts
  33. She gets up each morning with our kids as they have go to seminary
  34. She makes lunches for me and our kids each day
  35. She likes me to come to bed with her.
  36. She grew up having nice things but she has never pressured me to provide nice things
  37. Her treasure is her family
  38. She has faith and confidence in me
  39. She helps me to be a better person and she expects me to be a better person
  40. We have owned three dogs and I suppose we’ll have more dogs but Barb really doesn’t like dogs
  41. In 1993 I was kind of selfish but she never told me I was being selfish. She knew I would snap out of it
  42. She taught our daughter to be modest and she taught our boys to have manners
  43. She supports me in my church callings
  44. She pretty much practices what she preaches
  45. She and I have a “routine” life, but she makes our “routine” life so much fun
  46. She enjoys quick trips to the beach (Huntington) with our kids and she doesn’t mind if I stay in the water for hours on end
  47. She tells me several times each day that she loves me
  48. She lets me day-dream about Harleys and sometimes even calls me when she pulls up next to one
  49. She is faithful to her marriage covenants
  50. She is virtuous in every way

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you!

Love, Mikey


(this blog was secretly hijacked with the help of our wonderful daughter)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy 50th Barb! My favorite memories are staying with you guys when you lived at the Barn and always knowing we needed to refer to you as "favorite aunt" Barb!
Hope you have a great day!

Courtney said...

To my favorite birthday buddy, Happy birthday!!!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Barb!!!!! Hope it's a great one! You two haven't changed much since that wedding picture!! So cute!!!

Katie said...

YAY! happy birthday momma!

Ina in Alaska said...

Happy Birthday Barb, and Mike what a tremendous tribute to a special lady. I enjoyed looking at the family group pictures, what a good looking group!

Love, Ina xoxo

Unknown said...

soooo cute!! :)

happy birthday sister creer!