Wednesday, June 30, 2010

About My Cute Boy Sam....

I got a fabulous email this week:

Hi Sis. ....,
I wanted to let you know that your son, Elder Sam ..., is in my area right now. He is awesome and such a great young man!!
I asked him what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he said the one you make him, is his favorite. Could you please give me the recipe, so I could make sure he has the cake he would like for his birthday? He said it was chocolate wafers and whip cream, but I wanted to make sure I had it just like mom's!!
Thank you in advance!! You have raised a terrific young man that has such a sweet spirit!! He will forever have a place in my family's hearts!!
Emily .......

What a sweetheart. It melts my heart when members take such wonderful care of my missionary son.

It is no surprise that this is the quote Emily has on the bottom of her email.
She doesn't just type it, she lives it!

"What you do for yourself dies with you;

what you do for others will live forever."

No comments: