Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekend update...

What a weekend. We took a quick trip to Salt Lake for Conference. Conference was wonderful as usual. I loved so many talks. It was nice to be with my parents & Katie and Jeremy. I loved Elder Eyrings talk about love and family and "No Empty Chairs". That is my dads theme!

The trip to Salt Lake also had another purpose...
My dear parents who are 88 and 89 are making a major change in their life. They have decided to move to Assisted living. "Assisting" each other is getting harder and harder. They both have their challenges. My dad has totally lost his eyesight and my mother is losing her memory. They have had a wonderful life and they have sucessfully raised a family of 14 children. They have 86 Grandchildren and 143 Great Grandchildren. What a posterity. They have created a wonderful legacy. Their family theme is "No Empty Chairs" and my parents strive every day to make sure their family will all be with them.
My parents love their children and love to be with them. We are blessed that every other year they take their children and spouses and we have a wonderful time on a cruise together.
There really is no greater treasure in life than Family. I have a wonderful treasure, I am blessed with wonderful parents and siblings. What a blessing to be from a fabulous big family. I also have a wonderful husband and children. We truly are best friends. It is so fun to read Sam's letters and to have him reminisce about memories of things we have done together. He has a whole new perspective on the family now he is in Florida for two years. I am truly blessed and life is sooo good!

2 comments:

mike (harley) creer said...

I love you Barbie and your family.

Ina in Alaska said...

Oh this is huge. I send my love to your parents and to all of you. xoxo Ina Offret